OPP Seeks Public's Assistance To Bring An End To Rash Of Suspicious Fires
(TOWN OF MINTO, ON) - The Wellington County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) are requesting the public's assistance with identifying those responsible for setting several suspicious fires around the White's Road Junction Trail in the village of Palmerston, Town of Minto.
The Wellington County OPP along with the Town of Minto Fire Department are working collaboratively investigating the following suspicious fires that have occurred over the past several months:
· January 8, 2019 - Bridge fire on closed portion of walking trail
· March 27, 2019 - Grass fire on side of walking trail
· April 4, 2019 - Clothing drop box - King Street (LCBO lot)
· July 6, 2019 - Bridge fire on closed portion of walking trail
· July 29, 2019 - Porta-Potty fire at ball diamond
· September 2, 2019 - Garbage fire - William Street
· September 2, 2019 - Tree fire on walking trail
· September 20, 2019 - Garbage fire just off walking trail
· March 12, 2020 - Tree fire on Walking trail
· March 16, 2020 - Scrap lumber fire at train station
· April 3, 2020 - Bird Houses fire
· April 11, 2020 - Tire Fire
These types of fires are more than just nuisances and a misuse of police and fire resources - they are criminal offences. Each fire that is intentionally set damages property and potentially could lead to injury or loss of life.
The Wellington County OPP is asking anyone who witnesses any suspicious activity on and around the White's Road Junction Trail in Palmerston - to say something and report it.
Any person with information regarding these incidents should contact the Wellington County OPP at 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or submit a tip on-line at www.csgw.tips.You may be eligible for a reward from Crime Stoppers of up to $2,000.